Sunday, May 21, 2006

all grown up

no visual aid this time but do you guys remember 'biskut aiskrim'.. you know, those oval-like cookies with the colourful swirls on the top. come on, dont tell me you've never had those when you were one of them hyper energetic kids. the swirls come in green, yellow, pink and white and tastes like icing. remember now?

well, i had tea in bayu timor today, and just my luck. it was pasar malam day, and guess what i saw.. you got it. biskut aiskrim!!. i mean, that whooped me right back to my candy cane days when anything sweet was a delicacy. as you might already have guessed, i bought a bag.

so there i was right, sitting cross legged in front of the television, watching an rtm cartoon show ready to eat my biskut aiskrim (ok, it was actually the 8 oclock news).. so i pop one in my mouth. and oh my lord! instead of the candyland i imagined myself being transported to.. there i was, smack in sugar sewer!. i tell you, the thing was waaaaaay too sweet it almost chased the boogers out of my nose!

so heres the part about me being all grown up. when i was younger, i remember always ALWAYS eating the biscuit part first so as to savour the icing part to its full scrumptious sugary sweetness. but now, i cant even take the sweetness WITH the biscuit part intact. and then i looked at the mug in my hand, it wasnt a plastic mug molded to look like a cartoon character. and in it was milo with milk and no sugar. and i dont remember the last time i had chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.

but i still love eating nuggets with tomato sauce, mind you my mom thinks nuggets are for little kids.

*sigh*. soraya's all grown up

5 Comments:

Blogger N said...

do people call them biskut aiskrim??i thought it was more biskut pelangi!bukan orang makan icing saja ke?tak makan langsung biskut?

7:42 PM  
Blogger soraya barakbah said...

pelangi!? tapi the swirly satu color je. well. yea alot of ppl only eat the icing.. but i would eat the biscuit first n then kononnya 'save the best for last'

8:13 PM  
Blogger Erina Z Ellias said...

i love the biskut aiskrim!!!!

3:27 AM  
Blogger MarsyParsy said...

i pop everything into my mouth all at once.. lagi best!!

3:57 AM  
Blogger soraya barakbah said...

a name for biskut aiskrim? in adelaide. ahha. wohaaaa

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: petaling jaya, selangor not so ehsan

just a little dash of me could technicolour your whole world to shame


MyMusicCode.com