Friday, October 02, 2009

this twisted abandon

even though it may seem like it, i have not abandoned this blog yet. its just that im currently looking for a new laptop as the laptop im using is soooo freakin slow it takes ages for me to load photos and to do justice to my recent escapades (im up to tick number 5!) i need to show u the photos. so bare with me. im pretty indecisive when it comes to buying things i tend to use excessively. (it took me a little over 2 weeks just to look for a new pair of gym shoes, just bought it today. yay) i think i have narrowed it down to the HP tablet/toshiba/fujitsu. no, please dont suggest i buy a mac.

aanyways, i thought i should share this with you guys.

about an hour or so ago i drove back home from jalan damai alone via the smart tunnel. there was something going on in there that made it seem like i was driving through the twilight zone.
it was sort of foggy/misty. i saw some maintenance vans parked by the side of the tunnel but thought nothing of it as there were quite a number of cars driving through the tunnel.
true enough, i made it out fine. but as i exited the smart tunnel the hair on my neck started to stand, it really did not help that i was driving down that sort of lonely road right after the tunnel. well, it wasnt exactly lonely as it was still part of the highway but very poorly lit.
because i was strictly adhering to the 60km/j speed limit i was sort of on my own on the road.
and of course, just like in the movies, it was when i was driving through the darkest part of the road completely alone that i suddenly heard a female voice from somewhere in my car
i could hear the voice very clearly but could not make out what it was saying.
i let it go the first time i heard it but when i heard it the second time i started to freak out n got cold sweat. the voice sounded like it was right beside me.
it continued speaking (still couldnt make out what it was saying) and this was when i realized that the voice sounded kind of muffled.
and thennn, i realized that it was coming from inside my bag, on the passenger seat!
i thought about it for awhile and then started to laugh at myself really loudly, beads of sweat still trickling down my neck despite the aircond being at full blast


i had forgotten to switch off the bloody garmin!!!!!
the freakin machine was saying "menghitung ulang" "mengemudilah, 400 meter ke hadapan dan tetap di sebelah kiri, jalur"
i swear to god it really freaked me out, stupid bloody garmin.

4 Comments:

Blogger S H A S H A said...

You made my day Soraya! lol

9:31 AM  
Blogger Miss Khalid said...

Ahaaa.. i wouldve thrown the thing away if i were you. even reading the story made the hair on my neck stand! hilarious!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger soraya barakbah said...

yeah funny, but omg i was totally freaked out!!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Zanne said...

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA OMGAWD! THIS IS HILARIOUS! IF ONLY I WAS THERE!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: petaling jaya, selangor not so ehsan

just a little dash of me could technicolour your whole world to shame


MyMusicCode.com